Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: SOCOM 4 at E3 2010
SOCOM 4 at E3 2010
The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo officially kicked off today, and in addition to the many excellent PlayStation 3 announcements revealed during Sony’s noontime press conference, we made a few of our own.
First, was our front page update of SOCOM4.com. Not only does the slick new entry page show off our official E3 trailer and new batch of screenshots, it also reveals another bit of exciting news – our GameStop-exclusive pre-order bonus, the "Abandoned" classic multiplayer map. Head into any GameStop store near you, pre-order SOCOM 4, and the popular SOCOM I/ II favorite is all yours.
As an extra bonus, we also launched the official SOCOM Facebook fan page. If you’re a fan of any or all of the games in the SOCOM franchise, then this is the page for you. It’s a bit in the early stages at the moment, but you can expect it to grow and improve over the next several months as we get closer and closer to SOCOM 4’s release.
But that’s not our only reason for showing up on the blog today. We also wanted to give fans a glimpse at what they’re missing in case they couldn’t make it to E3 this year, or if they are the show and just haven’t had the chance to check us out yet.
In total, there are 16 separate SOCOM 4 kiosks available to those in attendance – with a nice blend of DualShock 3 and PlayStation Move controllers mixed between them. This input variety means that players of any background can try out our game regardless of their peripheral preference, while also giving those who like to experience “everything” a second reason to go back and try our demo yet again.
If you’re at the show, you can find our SOCOM 4 kiosks at Sony Computer Entertainment America’s main PlayStation booth (West Hall 4532) or Sony Computer Entertainment Europe’s alternate floor space (West MR 515). If you want to know what some of your favorite media outlets think of SOCOM 4 thus far, be sure to follow the links below to read their impressions.
as we mentioned last week, if you’re one of the lucky ones who has a chance to play SOCOM 4 at E3, you’ll be given a special SOCOM 4 sticker to wear on your arm or shoulder -- if Zipper Interactive’s own Jeremy Dunham (hey, that’s me!) or Chris Roper spot you walking around the show floor with our SOCOM 4 sticker on your person, then you could be stopped and presented with your very own limited edition SOCOM 4 artwork signed by the development team itself. In fact, we’ve already passed out tons of artwork already -- including a piece to frequent SOCOM.com forum-goer, “arakouftaian.” We’ve included some pictures of Ara and others who have already gotten their artwork below. We hope to see more of you tomorrow!
Arakouftaian and pal, Vanessa, pose in front of our S4 booth
Jordan and Galen throw up the sign
Sayla and Christopher represent the "Peach State"
By Shane in forum Socom BlogReplies: 0Last Post: 08-26-2010, 05:40 PM
By Shane in forum Blog - Urgent Fury UnleashedReplies: 0Last Post: 07-28-2010, 08:20 PM
By Shane in forum Socom BlogReplies: 0Last Post: 07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
By Shane in forum Socom BlogReplies: 0Last Post: 07-13-2010, 07:13 AM
By Crusty_Demons in forum Playstation 3Replies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Keep it clean, continued abuse in the chat will result in a ban from the chat and infractions issued.
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use
You can :
You can :
- Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
- Format the chats : once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
- Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
- Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
- Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*